Indexing & Editorial Services
Syracuse, New York
Phone: (315) 432-1093
Indexing | Proofreading | Copyediting | Fact-Checking | Research
I have ten-plus years of experience as a freelance indexer working with academic and trade publishers and authors. During this time, I cultivated a keen eye for finding inconsistencies and errors with names, terminology, citations, illustrative material, pagination, and typographical issues.
I have an excellent sense of when to query production staff and authors. I also have a proven record of meeting changing or nonnegotiable deadlines.
Additionally, I have twenty-five years of experience working as a librarian providing reference, research, and technical services using a variety of authoritative online, print, and primary sources.
- Creating indexes for books, reports, studies, and periodicals.
- Developing specifications and/or guidelines for periodical indexes.
- Proofreading the final draft of a manuscript.
- Light or medium copyediting including creating a project style sheet.
- Fact-checking and research.